About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Friday, June 19, 2009

Eddie Vedder Day Two Nashville 6/18/09

So it was time for night two of Eddie Vedder at the Ryman. I swear, he puts his heart into every show he does because this show was just as stellar as the first night. On the second night, my cousin and I were seven rows back from the stage. I thought I was about to cry because these seats were so close. During some points at the show, I did cry. Eddie opened with Far Behind, which is my favorite song off the Into The Wild soundtrack. Then he played Sometimes and a cover of Girl From The North Country by Bob Dylan. After that he played I Am Mine. That is of our favorite Pearl Jam songs. I feel bad for the people that had to sit by these two teenage girls freaking out over a song. We wanted to stand up so bad. But, alas, we could not. But it was the best version of that song I had ever heard, even though, at the time, I was biased because I had only heard it one time. Then he played I’m Open(!), Man Of The Hour, Dead Man, No Ceiling, Guaranteed, Rise, Soon Forget, Hide Your Love Away, and Wish List. Then it was time for Lukin. He played this song super fast and for the first time that night, the crowd was on their feet. After Lukin, he went straight into Porch. Once again, the crowd was on their feet. They were so involved with all of their handclaps and singing of the lyrics that it was truly magical. This was probably, hands down, the best version of Porch I have ever heard. Then he went off for the first encore. He came back out and played Society with Jerry Hannan, Throw Your Arms Around Me, The Golden State, and Elderly Woman. He stopped and talked to us about the new Pearl Jam album. He told us it was coming along great and he was about to play us a new song from the new album. He played The End and about had me in tears because it was so beautiful. He went straight into ARC, which is the best live song I have ever heard in my life. I have heard it three times live to this day and each time is just as magical. Then he went off for his second encore and came back out to play Hard Sun. It was great, of course. So that wrapped up my two nights with Eddie Vedder at the Ryman. I wish he would come back. Only time will tell……

No comments:

Post a Comment