About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

St. Paul & The Broken Bones In Store Album Release Performance Oz Music Tuscaloosa, AL 2/18/14

I heard St. Paul & The Broken Bones were coming to our local CD store, Oz Music and I knew I had to go. I did not know much about SP&TBB other than they were from right up the road in Birmingham and they have been getting a lot of airplay on UA's radio station, 90.7 The Capstone WVUA-FM (Roll Tide!) In the past, big bands from Alabama, such as The Civil Wars and The Alabama Shakes, just to name a few, have played there right on the cusp of their breakout. I knew this band would be no different. They played

Don't Mean A Thing
Sugar Dyed
Half The City
It's All Over (Wilson Pickett Cover)
Call Me

(The first two songs are correct. I know they played the other three, just do not remember the order.)

Their set was 30 minutes and there were over 300 people in the store, which was incredible. After the set, those who purchased the album in advance from Oz were allowed to go through the meet and greet line. The guys were super nice and so excited to meet their fans, which is always refreshing to see. I hope they can maintain that mentality throughout their career. 








No comments:

Post a Comment