About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Friday, July 25, 2014

Interview with Kelen Capener from The Story So Far Atlanta Warped Tour 7/24/14

I had the opportunity to interview Kelen Capener, bass player from The Story So Far at Warped Tour in Atlanta, GA. Although the interview was short I learned several new words and laughed a little bit more than I should have. Hope you enjoy!

Y'all were great today. It was so much fun. How was the performance for you?

It was real shmeeb. Everything was cool. We got to play in the amphitheatre and it was really hot. It was shmeeb. It was in the shade. We are out here in Georgia and it's really hot.

Welcome to the South.

Yeah, but a lot of kids made it out early, so we've had the day to hang out. So that's nice.

How's the response been to the New EP?

It's been really shmeeb.

Can you spell that word for me?

[Spells word] The response has been good because, I think, kids wanted to hear songs like that from us. We had extra studio time to deal with so we decided it would be a good idea.

What does [shmeeb] mean?

Just great.

Sorry, I've never heard that word before. Is that a California word?

That's OK! Yeah, it is. Everyone will know what I'm saying over there but not so much anywhere else.

I've never heard that word in Alabama.

It's a pretty big word now. It's all over the internet and stuff. It's kinda become a thing.

What's been your favorite moment of Warped Tour so far?

It's just shmeeb. Greatest moment? I got to play in a Dashiki.

A what?

It's what I'm wearing right now, well, the pants. It has a top to it too. It's a West African garment. It was generously bestowed upon me by a man name Steve.

[Laughter] New album? Anything you can say about that?

Nothing really to say about it yet. It's not even far enough along.

Anything else you want to add?

Shmeeb.

No comments:

Post a Comment