About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, & Starset Iron City Birmingham, Alabama 4/28/15

Halestorm always puts on the best live shows I have ever seen and tonight in Birmingham was no different. 

The first band of the evening was Starset. I was not quite sure what to make of them and I am still not entirely sure now. They were very astronautical. I think that is a word. 

They played

First Light
Rise and Fall
Down with the Fallen
Carnivore
Antigravity
Telescope
My Demons

Following Starset was Taylor Momsen's band, The Pretty Reckless. They are a great live band. I just wish Taylor liked photographers more. Her hair was in her face the first three songs and that made our jobs a little bit more difficult, but we managed. 

They played

Follow Me Down
Since You're Gone
Miss Nothing
Sweet Things
House on a Hill
Heaven Knows
Make Me Wanna Die
Going to Hell
Fucked Up World

Then, it was finally time for the almighty Halestorm. 

They played

Freak Like Me
Scream
Mz. Hyde
Amen
Dissident Aggressor (Judas Priest Cover)
The Reckoning
Rock Show
I Am the Fire (Double Neck guitar)
Dear Daughter
Drum Solo (Arejay)
Mayhem
Apocalyptic
I Miss the Misery

I Get Off
Sick Individual
Here's to Us

Before Dear Daughter, Lzzy told a story about her mother calling her one day and asking if she did a good job raising her kids. That conversation inspired her to write the song. That story made me cry like a freaking baby and then I wanted to call my mom. 

The evening was perfect and I cannot wait to see the band again at Rock On The Range in a few weeks.
















No comments:

Post a Comment