About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Local Natives and Wild Nothing Iron City Birmingham, AL 10/1/13

When you are the only one out of your college friends that has a car? You end up driving them to the concerts they want to go to, which works out perfectly for me. The show was at Iron City in Birmingham. That venue freaking rocks. The acoustics are great and the acts that come through are great as well. I had only heard of Local Natives because of college. I do not know why I did not start listening to them sooner because they were great. The night before our show, they sold out The Tabernacle in Atlanta. I do not know if our show sold out, but it was definitely a great crowd. Every person there wanted to be there and they knew every single word to every song.

The opening band was Wild Nothing. To me they were just average. I really really liked their drummer. They jammed just a little too much, which is not my favorite thing in the world, but hey, I am at a show, right? Right. Anyway, their light set up was almost seizure worthy. They flashed way too much. They also were not very personable. I think bands should be personable to an extent. But like I said earlier, at least I am at a show! They played

Nocturne
Confirmation
Ocean Reporting (Big Eyed Girl)
Your Rabbit Feet
Paradise
Summer Holiday
The Blue Dress
Ride

And then it was time for Local Natives! The crowd was hyped. They played

Breakers
World News
Wide Eyes
Warning Signs
Ceilings
You & I
Black Balloons
Shape Shifter
Mt. Washington
Black Spot
Camera Talk
Airplanes
Bowery
Who Knows Who Cares (WKWC on the setlist)

(Encore)

Columbia
Heavy Foot
Sun Hands

In the middle of the show, the band stopped and gave their bass player a birthday grilled cheese sandwich. I do not know the significance behind it, but it was pretty freaking funny.

During WKWC, the crowd went absolutely crazy.

Sun hands was definitely the best song of the night. The energy in the room building up to the end of the song is something that I cannot put into words because it was so perfect. The crowd screamed the end of the song and everyone's arms were in the air and we were all one entity. It was beautiful.

I highly recommend going to see this band because they know how to put on a show, they are extremely humorous, and they know how to put on a damn good show. Props to you, Local Natives. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment