About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Interview with Courage My Love at Warped Tour in Nashville

Sometimes impromptu interviews turn out to be the greatest interviews you can give. Courage My Love is a three piece band from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. They are made up of sisters Mercedes and Phoenix Arn-Horn and Brandon Lockwood. At the Nashville Warped Tour date, I had the opportunity to talk to Mercedes and Phoenix about various aspects of Warped Tour, life, bee stings, and the drinking age.

Without further ado, here is my interview with Courage My Love. Enjoy!

Is this your first time in America?

PA: This isn't our first time in America, but it's our first time on Warped Tour. It's our first time playing a lot of these places like Nashville and California, so we are stoked.

Is this your first time in the South?

Both: YES!

MA: We're super stoked. I love it here! We've never played Nashville before but we've been here before on writing trips and it was so much fun.

PA: We are hoping we can go checkout Broadway and The Strip later

It's so much fun. I heard you're the only Canadian band on Warped?

MA: I know there are other Canadians on the tour but no other Canadian bands, if that makes sense.

So, I heard you got stung in the neck.

MA: I did. It's not as bad as an arrow to the knee. It's just a bee sting to the neck. It's still pretty bad. It's sorta a medical emergency because I might not be able to perform today. I may have to go to my trailor and get my seltzer water and my white wine spritzer and chill.

What is the drinking age in Canada?

Both: [Laughs] 18 or 19 depending on the city.

Oh, well don't I sound uncultured. Yeah. That's not the age here. So, you tour on a half bus?

PA: Yeah. It's this thing called a bandwagon.

JUMP ON THE BANDWAGON!

PA: Exactly! It's more for mid-level bands that can't afford a tour bus. It's got like a shower and a bathroom. I really really like it.

MA: The showers are so nice and we have bunks just like on a bus. We even have a little lounge area.

How many people are in it?

PA: We have eight people on ours which isn't too bad. There is one band on this tour that has a bandwagon with 15 people including two eight year old kids.

WOAH! Well, they bring their eight year olds on Warped Tour which is really cool. Coolest part of Warped so far?

PA: My favorite part of the day has been going to shows. Everyday is just awesome.

MA: It's a great experience. Meeting people is really cool too.

LIKE ME!

Both: Exactly!

What's next after Warped Tour?

MA: We lock ourselves in the studio for a month. We are going to finish writing and start recording our new album and then we are going back out on the road in the winter.

Do you know where?

MA: We are coming back to the states, actually. A lot of places that Warped Tour played. All of those dates are going to be on our website soon.

[Then I proceeded to tell them why they should say Roll Tide the next time they come to the south.]

Anything else you want to add?


PA: Thank you so much for the interview. Thank you to our fans for supporting us. Check out our tour dates when they come out on our website. Keep your eye out for that and we'll see you on the road soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment