About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Marmozets Interview at Warped Tour in Nashville 7/29/14


Marmozets was a band that came across my path earlier this year while I was listening to Octane Radio, where I one day hope to work.

I had the opportunity to interview Becca and Jack at the Nashville Warped Tour date.

So here it is! Enjoy!

Introduce yourselves

I am Becca. I sing.

I am Jack and I play guitar. Collectively we are the band Marmozets. We are from England West Yorkshire where it is always sunny.

Is this your first time in America?

Becca: It is our first time touring in the USA. It is our second time in America. We came over once to do recording in New York.

What has been your favorite moment from touring so far?

Jack: My favorite moment was when it was raining heavily and we had a show in the rain. It was me, Becca and Will. We took a shower in the rain shower. There was another day involving rain as well we were in the van and then Big Daddy, our tour manager came running along because he had all the beer and we started packing everything up and one person yelled “OPEN
THE FREEZER!” I cried hysterically with laughter throughout I think it was about 9. 6 minutes exactly. I mean my stomach is still hurting now. That was awesome.

What is your favorite moment from the tour?

Becca: My personal favorite every single day is completely different every crowd is different. There is a variety of chaos. It gets me pumped up. It makes you do your best.
We've been blown away by bands that come out here and do their own thing. It is awesome and now we get to be friends with them for life. Yay!

What is it like being in a band with your family members

Becca: It is the best thing ever. It is all we know

Jack: We don't know any different. It’s all we’ve ever done. People are normally surprised by that.

[Kelen from The Story So Far walks past and the band and he start talking. He recognizes me from last week. He walks off to get food and the interview continues.]

Updates on new album?

Jack: September is when. September the 29th is the date. We are excited to get it out. We recorded it in like November and December of last year.

What are your plans after Warped Tour?

Jack: We’ve got lots of European festivals. Leeds, Reading in England. We’ve been there a few times as fans and played them once so it was awesome. Touring with Taking Back Sunday.

[I proceeded to explain to them the concept of Roll Tide and how it is used as a greeting.]

Anything else you want to add?

Jack: Thank you for doing this lovely interview.

Becca: We will see you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment