About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Primus Iron City Birmingham, AL 5/12/14

Primus is one of the most interesting bands I have seen in my 17 years of concert going. I highly recommend going to see them just for the experience. It is unmatched. This was also my first experience that split the show into two sets without an encore. Bands do that?

Anyway, they played

Set 1:

Those Damned Blue-Collar Tweekers
Moron TV
American Life
Lee Van Cleef
Over the Falls
Last Salmon Man
Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Over the Electric Grapevine

Set 2:

Spegetti Western
Here Come the Bastards
Southbound Pachyderm
Jilly's on Smack
John the Fisherman (My song!!!)
Dirty Drowning Man
My Name Is Mud
Jerry Was a Race Car Driver

There were many signs in the audience but the one that took the cake for me, was the one that said "Les, let's go fishing!"

Claypool saw it and talked about his rock star friends who had women who would throw their bras and underwear on stage and ask to go backstage with them and instead of that, he had grown men who wanted to go fishing with him.

That was so effing funny. 














No comments:

Post a Comment