About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fun. and Tegan & Sara Tuscaloosa, AL 9/16/13

My college's radio station rocks, literally and figuratively. Aside from the music, they rock because they give away free tickets to concerts. I won tickets to see fun. and Tegan & Sara. I was stoked because I really wanted to go, but I was not sure if I would be able to. Thanks to 90.7 WVUA: The Capstone at The University of Alabama, it was able to happen.

Since I won two free tickets, I took one of my friends from school and we were off!

The first band of the night was the sisterly duo, known as Tegan & Sara. They are from Canada and even made jokes about it. They also thought the phrase "Roll Tide" was hilarious. Because we are in the home town of the Alabama Crimson Tide, most of the people screamed with excitement. But, of course, some people were less than enthused. That's ok. Not everyone is perfect. Haha! They played:

Drove Me Wild
Goodbye, Goodbye
Back In Your Head
The Con
I Couldn't Be Your Friend
I Was A Fool
Call It Off
Alligator
Where Does The Good Go
Nineteen
Living Room
Hop A Plane
Feel It In My Bones (Tiesto Cover)
Closer

After Tegan and Sara, was fun. I hardly knew any songs by them, but one of the members is from the band Steel Train, which I adore. (Jack, for those of you who are wondering) They played:

Stars (Intro)
Some Nights (Intro)
One Foot
Walking The Dog
All Alone
Why Am I The One
At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used To Be)
All The Pretty Girls
It Gets Better
Barlights (Guitar Solo by Jack)
Carry On
The Gambler (Before this song, they told a story about their first show in Alabama)
We Are Young
You Can't Always Get What You Want (The Rolling Stones Cover) (It was awesome!)

Encore:
Some Nights (cue freakout)
Stars

fun. really has great stage presence and everyone should experience one of their shows at least once. 

































































No comments:

Post a Comment