About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Monday, September 23, 2013

Volbeat, HIM, & All That Remains Rock Allegiance Tour Tabernacle Atlanta, GA 9/22/13

Free ticket to see Volbeat, HIM, and All That Remains? Yes, yes, and more yes. I have waited many years to see Volbeat and I finally had the opportunity to. Gosh, I cannot tell you how excited I was. I waited almost 3 and a half years to see this band and I was beyond stoked. I was also pretty excited to see All That Remains because they were on my list of bands to see before I die. I saw HIM six years ago in 2007 with Linkin Park on their Projekt Revolution Tour and they were great, of course. These bands were part of The Rock Allegiance Tour. Airbourne was apparently supposed to be on the tour, but they had to go back home to Australia, which was a bit of a let down because I really wanted to see them too. But, not all was lost. All That Remains seemed to play a little bit longer which made me happy. All That Remains was the first band. They played

The Last Time
Stand Up
Hold On
Some of The People, All of The Time
Forever In Your Hands (So perfect live)
Drown Through The Ages
Asking Too Much
Six
This Calling
Two Weeks (Insane crowd participation. The mosh pit rocked!)

I was mainly excited for HIM. Out of all the bands that played, I knew the most of their songs and it had been way too long since I had last seen them. They played

All Lips Go Blue
Buried Alive By Love (My favorite)
Rip Out The Wings of A Butterfly
Right Here In My Arms
The Kiss of Dawn
Hearts at War
Join Me In Death (My other favorite)
Your Sweet Six Six Six (My third favorite)
Passion's Killing Floor
Tears On Tape
Wicked Game (cover)
It's All Tears (Drown In This Love)
Soul On Fire
Into The Night
The Funeral of Hearts

I noticed that Ville did not smoke as much he did the last time I saw them. But, he did walk off stage a few times to smoke. I could not help but chuckle. That is typical Ville. The crowd was on point during their set. There were die hard fan everywhere that were singing the words to every song. It was beautiful.

It was finally time for Volbeat. When they were setting up the stage, I was really dumbfounded. The drummer's kit, was astounding... and loud. Their stage setup was very Texas-y. All of the backdrops and speakers had a Texas ranch theme. It was odd. Volbeat played almost two hours and their set included:

Hallelujah Goat (Best opener ever!)
Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood
Radio Girl
The Nameless One
Sad Man's Tongue
Lola Montez
Heaven Nor Hell
16 Dollars
Dead But Rising
Fallen
The Mirror and The Ripper
My Body (Young The Giant cover)
Maybellene I Hofteholder
The Hangman's Body Count
Still Counting (The song I was most excited for!)

(Encore)
A Warrior's Call
Doc Holiday
Pool of Booze, Booze, Booze

Go see Volbeat. Just do it. 

































































































No comments:

Post a Comment