About Me

My photo
"She don't care about books or school. No, she just wants to rock and roll. Baby, she's no fool. You're so cool" - Will Hoge
"You choose a path in life, and when you do, sprint. Don't stroll down it." - Kevin Lyman

Friday, September 13, 2013

Hanson & Paul McDonald House Of Blues New Orleans, LA 9/12/13

Your 18th birthday is something that you will remember for the rest of your life. It is one of those monumental moments in your life and you should do something special to celebrate it. I celebrated my 18th birthday over the course of the week. I called it "My 18th Birthday Concert Extravaganza!" I saw Hanson in Birmingham on the 9th, Pop Evil on the 11th, and Hanson on the 12th, which is my actual birthday! Normally, I do not go to shows in New Orleans, but it has always been my plan to go to an 18 and up show  in an 18 and up venue on my 18th birthday. Why not go see my favorite band on my actual birthday given all of the above conditions? It was perfect timing. Even though Hanson is my favorite band and the set-list was great,  the crowd made the show a little less enjoyable. It seems that this show was full of the rude casual fans that were only there to hear MMMBop. I do not mind if you like the song, but do not try to tell me that you are Hanson's biggest fan and that is the only song you know by them. But, I digress. Once again, the opener was Paul McDonald. He was just as great this time as he was the first time I saw him. He played

4:15
Few And Far
Dreaming Alone
Sing Out
Falling In Love
Atlantic City (Bruce Springsteen Cover)
Let It Roll
Bouquet Of Lives
Misery
Heartbreak (Still my favorite)

Gosh, he was great. It was finally time for Hanson. This was my freaking birthday show and I literally wanted to cry through the whole show. They played

Fired Up
I've Got Soul
Where's The Love
Thinking Of You (First time I ever heard this song live! It was just like my childhood dreams!)
This Time Around (Still one of my favorites)
And I Waited

(Acoustic Set)
On and On (The guys all came out with guitars. This song is from the new fan club EP "Sound Of Light")
Been There Before
For Your Love (Isaac Solo. He gave us the option of two songs: For Your Love or Deeper. He told us that one was about love at first sight and the other was about loving someone with all of your heart. I wanted to hear deeper, but the crowd wanted FYL. Oh well. Maybe next time)
Save Me From Myself (Zac Solo) (I cried because I love this song so much)
My Own (Taylor Solo. From the fan club EP "No Sleep From Banditos")

Juliet (Taylor on drums. Zac on piano)
You Can't Stop Us
Waiting For This
You Never Know (YES! AH! FIRST TIME I EVER HEARD THIS SONG AND IT WAS PERFECT)
Tragic Symphony
Thinking Bout Something
Get The Girl Back
MMMBop
Get Up And Go
Minute Without You
Give A Little
In The City (I GOT TO HEAR THIS SONG TWICE IN ONE WEEK! YES!)

The last song really made my night ten times more awesome and it got better when I got to talk to Zac and Isaac after the show. Further proving why I love this band so much, they actually took the time to talk to me and it was a great way to close out my 18th birthday. AH!




















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment